Wednesday, October 26, 2011

School

I have done all that I can today and it's time to take a break.  The business of being positive means realizing that you've gotten behind on a ton of stuff you have to catch up on.  I'm done for the day and, maybe the week.  I was trying to clear the decks, get caught up and, maybe get a little ahead as this Thursday is Chemo Day.  Well, that didn't happen.  But, I've got enough done that I can reschedule the rest and feel I've gotten the important stuff out of the way.

Also, this Thursday I've got a new test result coming up.

In college, I loved the anticipation of an exam grade.  I was pretty used to passing grades, and usually passing high enough to keep me an honors student. (Don't ask me about my childhood, high school, or even early college academic years though.)

Thursday is the results of my latest test: a PET scan.

Because I did well on them, I liked tests.  In college and in the doctors' office.  Once I got over my childhood asthma, I didn't usually flunk doctor tests either.  I didn't usually do poorly on any physical test, except perhaps a fitness test.

I didn't realize quite how much I took all these passing grades for granted until I got handed a few F's back.  Cat scan, Pet scan, blood work.  It was a shock. Those questions weren't in the notes!  Another college memory surfaces of a blown exam and that now-what? feeling. How the heck did I blow this?

So, now after a few months of remedial school I got my retake of one of  the biggies.  I've always liked exams so I'm nervously looking A.

No comments:

Post a Comment