Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Random Things

It was Lord of the Ring Thanksgiving Weekend on Encore. (HD!)    Friday was treatment day.  So, the rest of the day is low key, tv, email, facebook, etc.  I loaf.   LotR on in the background.  In my office Saturday, not feeling well, attempting to work, LotR on in the background.  I think I have gone through the trilogy twice this weekend.  The *extended* versions, too.


There was nothing special about the conversation.  Back and forth on the spelling of the city.  "D-e-r or d-r?" "U or e?"  I was starting a new client.   The normality of it was startling and, kind of nice.  So many conversations have the open, or unspoken, topic of my health woven into it.  And, honestly, it's been a pretty hot topic on my own conversational plate, too.  Yes, no doubts, I have talked about it, too.  So, it was startlingly strange and nice to have a "normal" conversation.  I'm forgetting what they felt like.


I looked up my projected end of chemo dates.  Nothing's in stone, but maybe...early January?  Then, 17 days of radiation and maybe...done by Groundhog Day?  This is kind of exciting to think about.  Somewhere in there, they'll be taking my port out, too, I imagine.  Hmmmm.  There's a question for next visit.

On the topic of that client.  I put together my welcome packet for them tonight and, just as I'm about to seal it, I realized I hadn't put a business card in with it.  In fact, I hadn't been doing that for months, come to think of it.  Funny.  I don't even know if I have any of my Health Coach business cards around.  What a sad fact I had just found out.  Suddenly, it's very important to me to find my cards and send one out.

In my laptop bag, I grab up a small stack of discovered cards, wrapped with a rubber band.  I humored myself  as I drew my cards from the bag, with a vision of Theoden King.  Ah, my arm recovering it's old strength, as I wielded a card onto my letter!

2 comments:

  1. "If you treat everyday's little victories with the welcome and emotion they're worth, they eventually add up to really big victories" author unknown

    ReplyDelete